Start date: 01/02/2018 at 09.30
End date: 01/02/2018 at 14.30
Join us at Webmart's 'yellow' HQ in Bicester, Oxfordshire where you and/or key members of your team will explore the practicalities of implementing the requirements of GDPR in direct commerce and retail businesses, in an intensive half day led by Rob Bielby with invited guests.
“A well thought out and interactive course. Rob is knowledgeable, inclusive and encourages discussion and reflection. A great foundation to help us through the GDPR process.” Fiona Condie, Fife Country
What GDPR actually is: why it has been devised: why it is differs from previous legislation
a: what it is about and why it is being introduced
b: when it will come into force
c: an overview of the key components
What the true scope of GDPR actually is
1.What are the key issues
- a. Consent to marketing versus legal rights
- c. Data Protection Officers
- d. Data processing impact assessments
- e. Subject access and the rights of the individual
Initial Compliance: discussing the ‘Data Audit’ you need to carry out. What to look for, where to find it, and how to record or correct it. Covering:
- 1. Inspection
- 2. Validation
- 3. Justification
- 4. Rectification
- 5. Dissemination
Marketing & Customer Service
Expanding consent, legacy data, customer acquisition and customer management
- 1. B2B vs B2C
- 2. What consent is and what consent is not; do we need consent (sensitive data) ?
- 3. Where are we now? How can we put things right before May 2018?
- 5. Subject Access Requests ( SAR’s) who has to do what and by when.
IT & Operations
- 1. What are ‘processors’ and ‘sub processors’ and who are they
- 2. How is data captured and stored?
- 3. What is required in a Processing Contract?
- 4. Constructing a ‘Processing policy’
- 5. Subject access requests how will they be compiled and delivered?
- 6. How do we identify and report a breach?
- 7. Data Processing Impact Assessments (DPIA’s) what is required and who will be involved?
Improving the situation & establishing a data centric culture for the future.
1. Gap analysis:
- a. Single customer view
- b. Data capture & acquisition
- c. What intelligence is required to perform
- d. How can the data position be reported
- e. What tools and processes need to be updated or replaced?
- f. Who needs to be involved internally and externally?
2. What levels of automation do we want?
3. How can we establish a ‘partnership’ with customers?
4. Do we aspire to a ‘data dashboard’?
5. What is our Cyber security aspiration?
Q&A opportunities follow over a working lunch.
Venue: Webmart HQ, Bicester, Oxfordshire
Registration/welcome coffee from 9.30am
Workshop starts 10.00am
Working coffee break 11.15am -11.30am
Working buffet lunch 12.30pm -1.30pm
Rate: DCA members £95 +vat per person | non-members £245 +vat per person to include refreshments and documentation.
This workshop is also available as an in-house training course and can be tailored to meet the needs of those attending.
To book your places or to enquire about an in-house date for this workshop please call the DCA team on: 01271 855545 or email us