Joe Browns doubles warehouse capacity in preparation for its first retail store
Joe Browns, the mai lorder and online retailer will next week complete a 3-month project to improve the efficiency of its warehouse and increase its capacity by over 100 per cent. Enhancements include new racking, articulated trucks, staffing, pressing equipment and multi-channel retail software.The investment will enable the Leeds-based company to continue operating from its headquarters in Holbeck when it opens its first retail store later this year.
Tony Brown, operations director, said: “The venture sews the seed for future growth and efficiencies to fulfil customers growing expectations as we head into retail.”The decision to move to retail comes on the back of two record sales years on the run for the company, reporting a rise of more than 30 per cent in direct sales in the last two years.
MULTICHANNEL/OMNICHANNEL Expert RosterView experts in this category »
Recent MULTICHANNEL/OMNICHANNEL News
- Amazon beats supermarkets to top list of most trusted retailers
- Bravissimo launches in the USA
- MBO at Cotswold Collections
- Joe Browns doubles warehouse capacity in preparation for its first retail store
- Sterling Marketing closes
- Scotts & Co. sells Artigiano and Rowlands of Bath brands
- N Brown Group partners with Tesco
- Secondary MBO for Weird Fish
- The top 4 skills in demand in retail sector
- Joe Browns partners with Lipsy to target younger audience