Scotts of Stow revs up its digital presence
Scotts of Stow, the traditional cataloguer that has traded from stores in the Stow-on-the-Wold for over 25 years has just launched its new website. This follows the appointment of Craig Wheeler as chief operating officer in March to steer the Scotts business in a new direction. Wheeler is a digital veteran having led change programs at Dixon’s, Play.com and most recently at Feelunique where he was credited with the roll out of many of their customer innovations.
“The launch of a new Scotts of Stow website is the start of a much bigger program of change” Wheeler explained “but we needed to get the basics right first and the launch of the new website at the end of October saw an immediate uplift in conversion as we made it much easier for people to find what they wanted and complete their purchase”
The new website is fully responsive and was built with mobile in mind. Scotts & Co has a mature customer demographic, and this was front of mind when building out functionality, however even at Scotts over 65per cent of users are mobile. Wheeler is now busy working on a further refresh of the Scotts of Stow website, with extra functionality to come before Christmas. He was reluctant toshare more but hinted that the business will be working on targeting younger customers through anexpanded range and social media programmes.
In 2018 other Scotts & Co. websites will be relaunched, each benefitting from the improvements made to the new Scotts of Stow website, and bringing a range of exciting site-specific functions.
WEB & MOBILE Expert RosterView experts in this category »
Recent WEB & MOBILE News
- Most UK Marketplace shoppers female yet men spend more
- Herman Miller and Tracklements target online sales growth through Infinity Nation
- New event for 2018 announced
- Online retailer tips for Cyber Monday
- UK brands click with China’s online shoppers
- Scotts of Stow revs up its digital presence
- Long Tall Sally acquires Pretty Tall
- SimplyBe one of first to use Smartzer to deliver interactive and shoppable video via social media
- Joe Browns grows sales
- Bravissimo delivers customer experience boost